This article provides brief information related to the comparison between iPad 3G and iPad Wi-Fi.
iPad Mini 2 and iPad 5: What Should You Expect?
The invites have been sent for the October 22 launch event to be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, where Apple is expected to announce iPad Mini 2 and iPad 5. Here is a quick roundup of the products.
Apple’s launch invitation reads “we still have a lot to cover.”
The two latest products from the Apple stables, the iPad Mini 2 and the iPad 5, are all set to become the flagship phones by replacing the previous launches, the iPad Mini and the iPad 4. Though the products are yet to be released, the leaks have already indicated the probable features and specifications. We, at Buzzle, have shared the secret with you.
Update: You can read a detailed review of iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display here.
As rumors and leaks about the products are out in the open, we decided to chip in to the discussion. Let us see what the ‘leaked specs’ have to offer.
The iPad 4 was launched a year ago, and going by Apple’s history of launching a new version of the product in less than one year, the iPad 5 was expected to be released this year.
- Going by the leaks, this product has drawn inspiration from the iPad Mini to become thinner and lighter than the previous ones. It is believed that the product will be 15 mm less in width than iPad 4 and thin at 7.5 mm.
- The screen is not expected to change much and will retain the 9.7-inch Retina Display.
- he camera is expected to be upgraded to 8MP, which is a major change from the 5MP one in iPad 4.
- After the 128GB iPad 4 upgrade, it is expected that this version will also feature in all storage sizes―16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB.
- The price isn’t expected to change from the previous launches, as Apple always keeps the price of the new launch similar to the outgoing models.
- The latest iOS 7 is likely to be the operating system that will be available in this product. Due to this, its features might replicate that of the iPhone 5s.
- The T-Mobile carrier that is used in the iPhone is likely to make an entry in the iPad 5 as well. However, the 4G LTE networks would still be available.
- The iPhone 5s Touch ID fingerprint scanner in the Home button is likely to be seen in this latest iPad version as well. Although the size of this product is smaller than the previous launches, the fingerprint scanner is definitely on board.
iPad Mini 2
After Apple shocked us, pleasantly though, by launching the iPad Mini in 2012―the first reduced screen size (of 7.9 in) tablet―it is ready to launch yet another product in the same series.
- The iPad Mini’s most rumored feature is the Retina Display. Competing with the likes of the Nexus 7 with a resolution of 1920 x 1200, Apple might also increase the resolution of its product to 2048 x 1536. If this rumor is true, then we could enjoy all the apps that are available for the full-sized iPad.
- This product is also likely to have the Touch ID fingerprint scanner, just like the iPhone 5s. The scanner fits perfectly into the Home button.
- As far as the colors are concerned, you could expect a color palette just like the iPhone 5s, including the gold color.
- The processor will see an upgrade to 64-bit architecture A6 from the A5 processor. This will definitely ensure that the device will work faster than the previous launch.
- However, if there are no major hardware upgrades, the iPad Mini 2 will have the same 5MP camera and A5 processor.
- However, iOS 7 is most probably going to be on board.
- As far as the prices are concerned, the iPad Mini 2 might see a price drop from the current starting price of $330. With the launch of 128GB iPad 4, we can expect the same storage option in this version as well.
We would expect Apple to give us products with features pretty similar to the iPhone 5s. However, until the official specs are released, it is just a guessing game as far as this area is concerned. But one thing is for sure, these products will be a great threat to the others in the race, this holiday season. Watch out Nexus 7!