Photocopying is one of the most time saving, efficient, and effective use of technology today. It makes work easier and has great outcomes, such as adding special effects or using different ink colors and printing as many copies as you wish. We give you a list of the award-winning, top 5 photocopier brands!
The word ‘xerox’, which we generally use for photocopies comes from the company named Xerox, which was the first to manufacture a photocopier in 1948!
Photocopying is widely used at offices, homes, and specially colleges. It is an easy way to make copies of documents that have already been created once. It saves a lot of money, as using a printer to print out documents from a computer would cost much more than getting them copied from a photocopy machine. College students don’t need to buy new books, instead get a copy of that whole book at half the price. Offices need copies of documents all the time, and where there are children at home, photocopying becomes a daily task for parents to create new colorful printouts for their children’s projects! Here is a list of the top copy machine brands if you are thinking of buying a photocopier to step into a life of easy printing.
The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF765 MFP M40 has been awarded for ‘Outstanding Color Wide Format Technical MFP’ by Buyers Laboratory this year. It is most known for its cloud services which can be used with Canon’s Direct Print & Share technology with remote access.
- Printer Type: 5-Color 36-inch touch screen
- Print Resolution: up to 2,400 x 1,200 dpi
- OS compatibility: Windows (XP/Vista/7) and Macintosh (OS10.4.11-10.7)
- Ink Capacity: 130ml per color
- Color Set: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black Pigment: Matte Black
- Memory: 256MB RAM
- Physical Dimensions: 41.8″ (H) x 51.3″ (W) x 34.3″ (D)
- Weight: Approximately 139lb. with stand
- Power Source: AC-100-240V (50-60Hz)
- Power Consumption: Maximum: 140W or less
The Ricoh MP C6003 series was awarded with the Better Buys for Business Editor’s Choice Award in September 2013. It is best known for its efficiency in office documentations, with its rugged and powerful MFPs.
- Printer Type: Full-color 9-inch tilting LCD touch screen
- Print Resolution: 600 dpi
- Printing Process: 4-Drum Method
- CPU: Intel Celeron Processor U3405 1.07GHz
- Network/OS:Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008R2, Macintosh OS X v10.2 or later, UNIX SunSolaris, HP-UX, SCO OpenServer, Redhat Linux, IBM AIX, IBM System i5 HPT
- Memory: 2GB RAM/250GB HDD Standard & Maximum
- Physical Dimensions: 23.1″ (H) x 27.0″ (W) x 37.9″ (D) (587 x 685 x 963 mm)
- Weight: 221.3 lb.
- Power Requirements: 120V – 127V, 60Hz, 12A
- Power Consumption: 1,584W or less
Konica Minolta bizhub C754e/C654e was another pick that received the Better Buys for Business Editor’s Choice Award in September 2013. It is mainly known for its extensive use for office purposes with its paper-handling capacity, strong multifunctionality, and extensive security features.
- Printer Type: Full-color 9-inch InfoPalette touch panel
- Print Resolution: Main; 1,200 dpi × Sub; 1,200 dpi
- CPU: MPC8536 1.2 GHz
- Network/OS: Windows XP / XP x64 / Vista / Vista x64 / 7 / 7 x64 / 8 / 8 x64
Windows Server 2003 / 2003 R2 /
Windows Server 2008 / 2008 x64 / 2012 x64
Mac OS 9.2, Mac OS X 10.2 / 10.3 / 10.4 / 10.5 (PowerPC)
Mac OS X10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8 (Intel) , Linux
- Memory: 2GB (std) / 4GB (max) ; HDD (250GB)
- Physical Dimensions: 25.5 (H) × 31.5″ (W) × 45.5″ (D)
- Weight: 487-1/4 lb
- Power Requirements: AC 230 V 10 A (50 to 60Hz)
- Power Consumption: 2.1 kW or less
Xerox Color J75 Press was presented with Pro Awards as a production printer in Outstanding Color Light- to Mid-Volume by Buyers Laboratory in 2014. It is known for its simple and highly automated tasks with great colors and running heavy stock at full speed that reduce manual work.
- Print Resolution: 2400 x 2400 dpi
- CPU: 3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo E8400 Intel
- Network/OS: Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/7; Macintosh OS 10.6 or higher for drivers
- Memory: 8 GB; HDD (2 x 250 GB)
- Physical Dimensions: 4.3″ (H) 15.61″ (W) 13.75″ (D)
- Weight: 21 lb.
- Power Requirements: 12 A at 90 VAC and 6 A at 180 VAC
- Power Consumption: 870 W
Ricoh Pro C5110S was honored with Outstanding Color Light Production Device at the Buyers Laboratory 2014 Pro Awards. It is known for delivering high production-class performances in a low budget, with its high speed and affordable color printing.
- Print Resolution: 1,200 x 4,800 dpi
- CPU: 1.86GHz Intel Celeron Processor P4505
- Network/OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/Server 2008/
Netware 6.5 with Netware option
Unix: Sun Solaris, HPUX,
SCO OpenServer, RedHat Linux,
IBM AIX, Mac OS X v.10.2 or later
SAP R/3, NDPS Gateway
OS/400 Host Print
- Memory: 2.5 GB; HDD (160GB x 2)
- Physical Dimensions: 32.9″ (H) x 34.6″ (D) x 48.4″ (W)
- Weight: Less than 574 lb.
- Power Requirements: 208-240V/12A/60Hz (dedicated)
- Power Consumption: 2,400W or less