Japanese designer Mac Funamizu has developed an ultra new and creative way to use your iPhone. If this catches on, it can even lead to the oblivion of the personal…
How to Use WhatsApp on Your Desktop
WhatsApp is a messaging application that works over multiple platforms. It is multilingual and allows sending and receiving of instant text or media messages. This Techspirited article explains how to use WhatsApp on a personal computer.
Did You Know?
WhatsApp, the most popular messaging application, was named so because the word sounded like ‘What’s Up?’.
As technology has advanced a lot over the past decade, we are at ease because of free messaging facilities. There was a time when we paid for the messages we sent. WhatsApp is a very beneficial application that helps exchange messages over cross platforms. One very important advantage of this application is that it is free from advertisements. This reduces the annoyance on the part of the user.
Facebook, one of the largest social networking websites, owns WhatsApp. This messaging application supports Nokia, Blackberry, Android, iPhone, and Windows phones. It allows communication with the help of text as well as media messages (multimedia messages include audio, video, images, clips, etc.) In addition to the data, an Internet connection in the form of a data plan or Wi-Fi is required on the user’s device.
How to Install WhatsApp on a PC
Let us now understand what exactly needs to be done for establishing a connection between WhatsApp account on the mobile device as well as computer.
- The connection between your mobile phone and desktop for linking the WhatsApp account is quite important. This can be done by linking a website to the WhatsApp account.
- On completion of this procedure, the messenger account on the mobile device and desktop can be synced. One limitation of this method is that the account can be linked to a website, which can be opened on the Chrome browser of Google.
The application designed for using WhatsApp on your PC or desktop has been developed by Facebook. It is called WhatsApp Web. WhatsApp Web allows accessing this messenger on non-mobile systems or platforms. This syncs the messages on both PCs as well as mobile devices. The advantage of using this application on PC or laptop is that you can make use of a keyboard and a mouse to exchange messages.
How to Use WhatsApp on a PC
Using WhatsApp on a PC can be quite convenient at times. Let us learn the steps to be followed for configuring this application account on a web browser.
Active Internet Connection
Smartphone (With WhatsApp installed)
- Make sure you are using the latest version of WhatsApp application. If not, download the latest version.
- On installation, activate this messenger application.
- Select the Menu button → Select WhatsApp Web from the list that appears.
- WhatsApp will provide you with a URL (link), which is to be opened on the desktop PC. Open this link on the Chrome browser.
- On opening the website, a QR code will provided. Scan this code using the WhatsApp application on your mobile device.
- On completion of the scanning process, the mobile device and the system will be synced and configured to the messenger account.
1) This method works only for Google Chrome browser; thus, make sure your system has this browser installed.
2) This method is not applicable to iPhone users.
3) A fast-speed Internet connection is recommended during the syncing process.
There are quite a few websites that provide applications to sync WhatsApp on PC. A few of these applications are WhatsRemote, WebWhatsApp, BlueStacks, YouWave, etc.
This workaround sounds easy, isn’t it? And it surely is as simple as it sounds. Do try it at your end.