Made a movie of your drunken adventures the previous night at the party? Why not learn how to upload a video on Facebook, and share it with everyone you're friends with on the mammoth social-networking site? Share laughs, and get loads of likes and comments over it. As you upload a video on Facebook, it just takes a couple of minutes for your friends to figure out what it is. Whether you share your favorite moments with your friends, or you just share a funny clip that makes you 'LOL' at every second, Facebook is right there for you to do it all. The method is extremely simple, and considering the timely transformations in the interface of Facebook, we bring out to you the most recent method of uploading a video on Facebook. Take a look at the following words.
Steps to Upload a Video on Facebook
To start with, there are two types of uploads on Facebook. You could just fetch the link of the video, and insert it into the 'What's on your mind' tab. Facebook will recognize the format of the file, and display it as a video on your friends' New Feed. However, if you shot a movie by yourself, and want to upload it, there's a different method for that. In accordance with the latest interface of Facebook, here goes the step-by-step process of uploading a video on the site:
If You Have Switched to the Facebook Timeline:
- Sign into your account with the help of your username and password.
- Go to your wall, and click on the Photo tab, which is exactly above your status bar.
- Select Upload Photo / Video.
- The next step will be selecting the video you've saved in your computer system by clicking on Choose File. Follow the path you set for saving your video, and select the video that is supposed to be uploaded.
- While the upload takes a few minutes, you could write a description about it in the Say something about this space, and prepare the video to be published on your friends' News Feed.
- When the upload completes, the computer will ask you to Post it. Click on it. The video will be published, and will get stored permanently in My Videos.
- The current interface saves both your photos as well as your videos in the same folder. You can click on Photos to see the video you just published.
- If you want to tag your friends in it, click on the Tag this Video link alongside the video you wish to tag your friends in. The tap-ahead box allows you to type the names of your friends, and suggests all names that you want to tag. As it recognizes the friend, you need to click on the name so that he or she gets tagged. The same process follows for every friend.
- After you've completed tagging all your friends, click on Done tagging.
- Sign into your account, and locate the Add Photo / Video tab at the very top of your News Feed page, along with Update Status, and Ask Question.
- When you click on the Add Photo / Video tab, three options will appear, namely, Upload Photo / Video, Use Webcam, and Create Photo Album. Click on Upload Photo / Video.
- Follow steps 4-9 mentioned in the section above.
Just click on 'Home' and check your video on your wall. You will also see an update that shows your tagged friends in that video. Now, all you have to do is wait for the comments to roll in! The following section lets slip some tips that might come handy while uploading a video on Facebook. Don't forget to check 'em out!
Some Important Tidbits...
Just so that you don't have to navigate from page to page to search for the ultimate guide for posting a video on Facebook, here's a set of tips you could give a read to, in order to carry out a hassle-free process of video uploading:
- The best videos on Facebook are the ones that are 2-3 minutes long. More the length of a video, more the time it consumes to get uploaded. Many a time, Facebook fails to upload a video just because it is too big in size. Hence, keep the length of the video short.
- The most popular formats that Facebook supports are avi, divx, dat, flv, mpeg, and mpeg4. Make sure your video file supports these. There are a lot other formats too, but these are the most common ones.
- Don't upload videos that are offensive or have illegal content in it. Not only would it be a crime, but Facebook will block you forever.
- You can't upload videos as a comment on Facebook. However, you can still post a link of the video you wish to share. Just copy the video link, and paste it in the comment section. Your video will be shared.