This article will tell you how to hard reset your iPod, irrespective of which model and which generation you own.
How to Reset an iPod classic
The right procedure to reset an iPod classic is provided in this Techspirited article. Read to know how it’s exactly done.
Are you an iPod classic user? Does it tend to freeze, now and then? If yes, there is no need to worry. We will help you with a few handy solutions to fix it effectively. The iPod is a mechanical device, that needs gentle handling. If your iPod freezes or tends to slow down, all you need to do is reset it. In the following lines, we show you how to go about it.
Procedure to Hard Reset the Device
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off, and return it to the off position.
- Then you need to hold down the Center and Menu Buttonsimultaneously. You can use two fingers to hold these buttons down together.
- Hold down the buttons till you observe the Apple logo on the iPod screen. This will take about 6 to 8 seconds.
- If you cannot locate a Center button on your older iPod version, you need to press the Play/Pause button, along with menu button. This applies to iPod versions with touch wheel, scroll wheel, and dock connectors.
- Suppose the hard reset does not work for your device in your first attempt. Then try again. Sometimes, it takes 2 to 3 attempts.
Procedure to Reset an iPod with a Click Wheel
It is rather easy to reset an iPod classic that sports a clickwheel. All you need to do is toggle the Hold Switch on and off. Then return it to off position. Then press the Menu and Center button simultaneously. Press and hold the buttons for about 6 seconds. You will observe the Apple logo appear. If the device fails to reset in your first attempt, you can try a couple of more times.
If your iPod does not reset using these methods, you can plug it to a power adapter. May be the battery is drained out. Or else, plug it to a computer and see if it starts up. In the plugged in position, again try the reset procedure. That should do the trick.