It could be the very thing that you as an individual, or your company needs, to promote yourself. A well designed, informative website that portrays exactly what you want it…
How to Make a Widget
A widget is a small application that can be installed within a web page. This write-up provides instructions that will help you add such an application on your website.
A widget, which is also referred to as web gadget, snippet, portlets, etc., is an element of the graphic user interface that provides information and allows a user to interact with the application. For instance, it can be used to allow users to play interactive games, and add and change website content.
Embedding these self-enclosed codes on a web page, blog, or social networking site can make them fun, as personal content can be turned into a web application that can be shared on any website.
If you want to put a web gadget on your website, blog, or on your profile on any social media site, you first need to look for such applications. There are some sites that allow users to create such applications from their own content. You can simply embed the code and put them on your website.
You can find them from widget directories such as Widgetbox or Spring Widgets, or create them using a widget editor and converter.
Here are the instructions that you can follow:
- First of all, find the websites that allow users to make a web gadget. Surf on the Internet and navigate to any of these sites. At the top right corner, you will observe a ‘Make a Widget’ button. You need to click on this button.
- Now, the next step is to click on the ‘Blog’ button. Go to ‘File’ button and then click on the ‘New Tab’ button. If you want to make one for your blog, you need to type the web address of your blog in the navigation text box in the new tab you just opened. Look for the ‘RSS Feed’ link and click on it. Copy the web address of the RSS Feed.
- The next step is to go back to the directory or the website that you accessed for creating the portlet. Look for ‘Blog/Feed URL’ and you will find a text box below it. You need to click inside that text box and paste the RSS Feed information. After that, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- For selecting the background colors, you can use the color selector. Once the color selection is done, you can name the web gadget by typing the name in the text field and aligning it. Then, click on ‘Save Widget’ to get the embedding code.
- Now that you have the embedding code, highlight the code and copy it and then paste the code on your site, blog, or your profile as per your choice. The application will be displayed. Upload the website or blog where you placed the application made by you and refresh the page.
So, making a web gadget is not a difficult task, and this task can be completed by following the aforementioned simple instructions.