A press release is a written communication that is intended for the members of the press in place of an oral presentation. Traditionally, it was handed out during a press conference for supplementing additional news and information. With the advent of Internet, press releases are now posted on the Internet and there are many websites who host them. These sites offer to post them at no cost. It ensures the reach to a wider audience which will read your content and that in turn will bring in more visitors to your website.
The best thing about this is that, they are not only posted on the websites that you submit them to but are picked-up by some related websites as well. Thus, each press release that you submit to such sites, gives you a huge number of new backlinks, which contributes in increasing the rank of your website.
Some of the best free press release sites are given below.
- 1888PressRelease.com - This is one of the best sites that will give you free distribution. If you take a paid service from them, you get more features like better placement and permanent archiving.
- EcommWire.com - In this site, the focus is exclusively on e-commerce. The press release that you would be submitting should have an image as well as 3 keywords with links.
- I-Newswire.com - It allows for free distribution to websites as well as to the search engines. If you take a paid premium service, you get enhanced services like addition of graphics.
- PR9.net - It comes with ad support.
- PRUrgent.com - One of the most useful sites on the Internet as it teaches you how to write a press release and also offers samples for the same.
- PRLog.org - It allows free distribution to Google News.
- Free-Press-release-Center.info - It distributes your content and also offers a web page with keyword links to your website.
- Express-Press-Release.com - The only free distribution company which has offices in 12 states of the US.
- Pressreleasepoint.com - It is a very highly ranked site that has an approval time of one day and allows HTML anchor tags.
Some other sites are:
Top 5 Free Press Release Sites
When you choose a site, make sure that it has a Google page rank of 4 or above because, anything lower than that is of no use. Avoid any site that uses "noFollow" tags. This will stop the search engine from finding this site. Use only the ones that allow you enhanced services like Search Engine Optimization (SEO), tagging, anchor texts, and heading tags. The best advice is to use a site that has a lot of credibility and also allows maximum visibility.