Did you know that almost 30 million Facebook users update their status messages at least once a day? These may be funny or sad. We take a look at the…
Facebook Status Ideas
We all know about Facebook and most of us are seriously hooked to it! Whenever it comes to generating Facebook statuses, a sort of creative malady overtakes our senses and we come up with, and find, many creative, witty and wicked statuses all over Facebook. Let’s take a look at some of the best!
Facebook ranks among the top favorite social networking sites in terms of popularity and entertainment features. Facebook was launched in February 2004 and it is administered and owned by Facebook Inc. If we are to judge by the statistics till July 2011, there are more than 800 million active users of Facebook! Facebook was conceptualized and its foundation was laid by Mark Elliot Zuckerberg in association with his classmates Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin and Chris Hughes while studying at the Harvard. Mark Zuckerberg holds 24% share in Facebook and is the youngest billionaire in the world as of March 2010, with a net worth of $17.5 billion!
A Facebook status message is usually updated on the status field, which is the first field of the Profile page, to let friends and acquaintances, whose profiles are connected to yours, know of the user’s actions, whereabouts, moods, motivations, etc. These statuses are often in the form of quotations and original witticisms, sarcasms and personal anecdotes-transformed-to-one-liners! We see creativity in all its forms and glory while browsing through status updates of our friends and are no less creative when generating original statuses for our own Facebook profiles! Let us look at some interesting status ideas, randomly picked from all over Facebook, just for the fun of it – maybe we can even customize some of these to suit our own profiles!
Funny Status Ideas for Facebook
- Our house is protected by the good lord and a gun; you might meet both if you show up unwelcome!
- When I was a kid, the Dead Sea was only sick…
- I know what you did recently – you just read this status message!
- Does being ec’static’ mean that everything sticks to you?
- A good pun is its own ‘reword’!
- Shin: a physical appendage that helps you find furniture in the dark!
- Time flies when you’re throwing your alarm clock across the room!
- All work and no play makes Jack a manager!
- Asking a writer how he feels about critics is like asking a lamp-post how it feels about dogs.
- Could crop circles be the misdoings of a cereal killer?
- Heights of innocence – a Nun working in a condom factory, believing she is making sleeping bags for mice!
- Ambition is a miserable excuse for not having enough sense to avoid work!
- My boss is much more than just a mentor to me – he is my tormentor.
- There are certain things that Man was never meant to know; for everything else, there’s Google.
- Hard work never kills you – it just keeps you away from Facebook!
- When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun!’.
- The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is because they have a common enemy.
- The law of heredity is that all undesirable traits come from the other parent.
Cute Status Ideas
- How does it feel to know that you’re everything I need?
- Jealousy is an illness; get well soon!
- While you’re not here, I’ll just pretend to hug you till you come back…
- Listen to your heart; although it is on your left, it is always right!
- Okay……who’s single?
- You don’t really know what you have until it’s gone; that’s a weak Sherlock moment.
- If I can, I will; if I can’t, I definitely will!
- Against my will, I love you still!
- I decide when to stop loving you and when not to; it’s my prerogative!
Status Ideas About Life
- In life, you miss 100% of the shots you never take!
- Courage is not the absence of fear; it’s just the realization that something else is more important than fear.
- The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
- To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
- Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching – that’s the true essence of living, otherwise you’re just existing.
- Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
- When you have a good imagination, you can make up all the facts you want!
- Not only do I don’t know what’s going on, I wouldn’t know what to do about it even if I did .
- I finally figured out what mosquitoes are for – they are God’s way to make us slap ourselves!
Status Ideas for Girls
- Never call a man a fool – just take his money.
- All mothers are working mothers.
- I’m not jealous of men; women can cry in public, wear cute clothes and are the first to be rescued from sinking ships.
- Women are like cell phones; they like to be held and talked to, but push the wrong button and you’ll be disconnected .
- Life was so much easier when your clothes didn’t match and boys had cooties.
- No matter how happily a woman may be married, it always pleases her to discover that there is a nice man who wishes she were not.
- A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments, soccer games, romances, best friends, location of friend’s houses, favorite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams. A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.
- When a husband brings his wife flowers for no reason, there’s a reason.
- The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
Status Ideas for Guys
- Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.
- You’re not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
- Reality is a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol.
- A bachelor is like a modern cleanser; works fast and leaves no rings!
- Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done.
- Cry over cuts & stitches. not sl*ts & b**ches
- People in cars make accidents, accidents in cars make people.
- The first rule of Hangover Club is: SHHHH.
- I feel this coffee is tall, dark and strong; just like me if I worked out, I mean.
- That’s not a pot belly, that’s dislocated muscles assembled at one location due to abdominal gravity.
- Alcohol is never the answer, unless the question is “What is C2H5OH?”
- Sexy is when you can confidently wear a tight shirt to the gym yet you don’t; not sexy is when you shouldn’t wear one yet you do
- Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery numbers.
- I don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die!
- Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
Those were some cool status ideas for Facebook you can use for your profile. You can come up with your own versions or modifications of famous quotes and words of wisdom as well as one liners to pimp up your profile and get your connections into splits over your status updates! Besides creative status messages, you can also create Facebook art to rev up your status! Get creative to inspire creativity – the number of “likes” you get would work up that grin of yours!