Buying an iPad of your choice with all the desired specifications can be quite a demeaning task. The Techspirited article below will help you decide which iPad is right for you.
Apple created a record in the sale of iPads in the year 2013. The company sold 26 million pieces in the last 3 months of that year, which is much more than the ones sold in the last quarters of 2014 (21.4 million) or 2012 (22.9 million).
As of the 21st century, technology undergoes a major change practically everyday. New devices are launched and updated periodically, with better features and utilities. An iPad shares features from both the devices that allow you to have the best of both worlds. However, there are limitations with every device, and you need to decide the one you should purchase. For instance, there are different models of the Apple iPad – say, the one with only Wi-Fi and another one that has Wi-Fi with 3G. If that’s not confusing enough, then you need to choose the device according its storage capacity of 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB. A number of factors need to be considered before deciding which iPad is the right one for you. A gist of the same is outlined in the paragraphs below.
Choice of iPads: Versions
iPad Air 2
- It is the latest iPad version offered by Apple.
- It is very thin, i.e., weighs only 15.3 ounces, and its dimensions are 9.4 X 6.6 X 0.24 inches.
- It has enormous storage capacity – it is available in 64 GB as well as 128 GB models.
- It has a brilliant screen resolution of 264 ppi, and is best for watching movies and playing games.
- It has an 8 megapixel camera and outstanding built-in wi-fi.
- With an A8X processor, this iPad costs around USD 500.
- You can use this model for storing as many audio and video files, ebooks, games, etc., without worrying about space.
- You can surf the internet for as long as you want, and the portability allows you to have continuous access.
- It weighs around 1.05 pounds, with measurements of around 9.4 X 6.6 X 0.29 inches.
- It has a storage of 32 GB, and a screen resolution of 264 ppi.
- It has a 5 megapixel camera and 3G wi-fi.
- It is slightly less expensive, given the compromise on certain prime features.
- It has a A7 processor and costs USD 400.
iPad mini 3
- It is the best version of the iPad mini series.
- It weighs 11.7 ounces . Its dimensions are approximately 7.9 X 5.3 X 0.29 inches.
- It has a 5 megapixel camera as well, and a screen resolution of 326 ppi.
- It offers a storage space of 64 GB and 128 GB.
- It has a fairly decent internet connectivity and costs around USD 400.
iPad mini 2
- It is the second version in the iPad mini series (iPad mini is the first).
- Its features are almost similar to that of iPad mini 3, except that it does not have a touch ID.
- Also, it has lesser storage space – 32 GB only.
Factors to be Considered
- iPads are available in more than 3 storage models, i.e., 16 GB, 32GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB.
- Depending on your usage, you need to choose the right mode.
- For example, some may require the iPad solely for storing ebooks, documents, songs, videos, and other important material.
- For such users, an iPad with the maximum storage capacity should be the priority.
- This is a very important point to be considered. After all, the primary advantage of the iPad is portable internet.
- Consider your internet usage for this factor. Do you repeatedly check your emails and social networking sites? Does your work demand you to constantly surf for information on the internet?
- Work apart, do you just like to surf the internet for games, books, shopping, videos, etc.? If your answer to the above questions is in the affirmative, you need to consider the model that offers you the best 3G wi-fi connectivity.
- As of 2015, iPad Air 2 offers great connectivity and speed.
Display, Graphics, and Camera
- If you use the iPad to watch movies, click pictures, etc., you will need the perfect display.
- The latest iPad from Apple offers great screen resolution and is extremely thin as well, making it perfect for watching videos.
- It also has an 8 megapixel camera, with brilliant sound and picture quality.
- In fact, it has a front-end as well as rear-end camera, and multi-touch screen.
- It has an octa-core power graphics card as well.
- For whatever reason you need to buy the iPad, make sure that it has sufficient battery life. Power is an important factor to be considered.
- Air 2 and Mini 3 have great battery life and power, and will make sound choices.
Considering the above factors and making a comparative study, you would probably want to buy the latest addition into the Apple family. However, understand which iPad is right for you, by actually considering your needs, like storage and connectivity. Do not end up buying something that you may not need.