The Apple iPod is one of the most trusted names when it comes to personal music players. It is easy to use with a fun interface. But most people have…
How to Put Music on PSP
Are you looking for some easy ways on how to put music on PSP? It does not require too much of an effort, especially when you have this article to guide you.
PlayStation Portable or PSP is a hand-held gaming console that can play DVDs, audio CDs as well as PlayStation game discs. This is a hand-held gaming device and you can play games in the Universal Media Disk (UMD) format. It also plays audios and videos that are in the USD format and all the audio, video and still image content of Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick Pro Duo compatible formats. Many PSPs are equipped with Wi-Fi and therefore one can connect to other players and even browse the Internet.
PSP is a very versatile console as it has many easy applications and functional approaches. Since its launch as a portable gaming console, it has been upgraded with various features like portable movie and video player, web browser, personal organizer, music player and many more applications. If you are a new user, and are looking for some answers on how to put music on PSP, this article will help solve your confusion.
Music File Format on PSP
It is very important to know about the music file format that is compatible with your PSP. If you own an earlier version of PSP firmware, you will need to upload MP3 music format. Also, if you are facing a memory crunch opt for MP3 music or audio file formats, as they take up less storage space than any audio or music file format. You can try other online MP3 format converters on the Internet and try to convert your music files. Once you have checked the file compatibility and if needed converted your files to the compatible version, you can now concentrate on how to put music on PSP.
Adding Music On PSP from Computer
The latest versions of PlayStation Portable can support several multiple file types like WMA and WMV. If your PSP does not support these version, try the method mentioned above and go ahead with the following instructions.
- The first thing you need to do is connect your PSP with the USB cable supplied with the PSP to your computer.
- Once you connect the PSP to the computer, click the ‘Home’ button on the PSP.
- Then you need to scroll the menu option and select ‘Setting’ using the left and right directional buttons on PSP.
- Select the ‘USB Connection’ option visible and press the ‘X’ button to indicate your selection.
- On your computer screen, ‘My Computer’ window will show a removable drive.
- Open the removable drive by double clicking on it with the mouse and you will find a folder called ‘PSP’.
- Open the ‘PSP’ folder and search for a folder named ‘Music’ in the folder.
- If you cannot locate such a folder, then create a new folder named ‘Music’ inside the ‘PSP’ folder.
- Open the ‘Music’ folder and drag and drop the selected music files to the ‘Music’ folder.
- After the transfer, click ‘O’ button on your PSP and this will cause the PSP to exit the USB connection. Unplug the PSP from the USB data cable.
- You can follow these instructions and enjoy music on the go with your PSP whenever you feel like grooving to the beats.
Adding Music on PSP Go
You can follow all these steps and add music to your PSP Go. You can download music for your PSP Go from its Download Center website. You can then follow steps given above to transfer music. PSP Go has an added feature of Bluetooth technology that can help you save music through bluetooth connectivity. If you have a computer with a bluetooth drive you can send the music files through bluetooth to your PSP Go.
Adding Music on PSP without USB Cable
The answer to this is to directly download music on to your PSP from the PSP download sites. Connect to the Internet, open PSP Internet Browser and search for music of your choice. Locate audio file with format compatible with your PSP. When you download the audio file, it will get automatically saved in the default folder where music files are stored. Once the download is complete, you can check the destination folder and try to play the music file. In case of PSP with bluetooth like PSP Go, you can download music without the USB cable. You can even try to connect your PSP with the Memory Stick which can be attached to the appropriate slot on the computer.
Adding Music on PSP from Mac
You can add music files to your PSP from a computer and even download files directly over the Internet. You can add music files and movie files over your PSP using a Mac computer. Just follow the easy steps:
- You need to connect your mac computer with the PSP using your USB cable.
- Select the ‘Selections’ button on your PSP menu and press ‘X’.
- You will see a memory stick icon on your desktop and double-click the icon.
- You need to select the ‘PSP’ folder and locate the ‘Music’ folder in it.
- Copy paste your music selection in the PSP ‘Music’ folder.
- Disconnect the USB cord from the computer and PSP. Check the saved sections and enjoy the music files on your PSP.
It is very easy to put music on PSP and you can carry out these easy steps countless number of times. You can enjoy your games and listen to music simultaneously on your PSP. Carry your favorite tunes along with you on your PSP.