Permanently deleting Facebook account means you can no longer access your current account in the future and you need to register freshly to re-join Facebook. We have explained you the correct way to permanently delete Facebook account over here.
Facebook gained immense popularity throughout the globe ever since it was launched in the year 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. Permanent deletion of Facebook account doesn’t necessarily entail that it is no longer useful in the recent times. We delete our social networking account due to plenty of reasons. It may be you want to create a fresh profile and add new members to it.
You may also wish to delete your account when you do not use it for a long period either due to paucity of time or interest. If you are tremendously addicted to Facebook, then deleting it permanently would provide you the much-needed solace. Whatsoever the reason is, knowing how to delete Facebook account permanently will be a valuable information for you.
Permanent Deletion of Facebook Account
Make sure that permanent deletion of Facebook account is your final decision. Once you delete your account permanently, you won’t be able to reactivate it. It is advisable to erase all information like friend list, pictures, profile info, news feeds, applications, etc contained in your account before deleting it permanently.
- Log-in to your account. Then click the ‘help’ option on the interface. Type ‘how to permanently delete Facebook account’ in the search bar.
- You will be directed to the FAQ section where you will find the question, ‘I want to permanently delete my Facebook account. How do I delete it?’.
- Click on the link to view the account deletion box, stating ‘delete my account’. After reading the message click the ‘submit’ button.
- You will immediately view another box, stating ‘you are about to permanently delete your account. Are you sure?’. Enter your password and the case-sensitive letters shown in the box below.
- Click on ‘OK’ to move on to the next step.
- Facebook will notify that you cannot access your account for 14 days in order to get it deleted permanently. Your account will remain deactivated for 14 days.
- You will receive a confirmation message in your email from the Facebook team regarding ‘account scheduled for deletion’, after which your account will cease to exist.
Important Points to Know
Well, Facebook doesn’t allow you to delete your account so easily. During the 14 days period, you should not log-in even by chance. If you are a Facebook addict, then it’s quite possible for you to get tempted to log-in from your phone. Therefore, perform these actions prior to deletion.
- Stop all connections with Facebook by clearing other accounts (e.g. blog, twitter, LinkedIn, etc ) you have linked with your Facebook ID.
- Remove Facebook apps from your mobile.
- Delete entire volume of browsing history, cache, cookies, etc from your mobile as well as your computer immediately after deleting your account.
Deactivating Facebook Account/Temporary Deletion
Deactivating Facebook account means deleting it temporarily. In this case, your account will remain suspended as long as you want it to be and you can reactivate it anytime. Despite being in the ‘deactivate mode’, you can allow your friends to tag and invite you in events, games and apps. Complete deactivation entails blocking your friends from accessing your info, tagging and inviting you. So how do you do this? We explain you in the steps below.
- Log-in to your Facebook account.
- Go to ‘my account’, click on ‘settings’.
- Scroll down to the ‘deactivate account’ option. Click on ‘deactivate’.
- You will receive a confirmation message saying, ‘are you sure you want to deactivate your account?’.
- Scroll down to see the option, ‘why are you deactivating?’. Click on the appropriate reason.
- Scroll down further to click on ‘e-mail opt out’ (this will prevent your friends from tagging and inviting you to join groups, events, etc. You will not receive notifications in your e-mail as well).
- Then click the ‘deactivate button’. Your account will remain suspended. You can reactivate your account anytime.
Many people opt for permanent deletion due to hacked profiles, misuse of personal information and to remain on the safe side after coming across controversies related to its privacy policies. It is for this reason we have explained you the correct way to delete your Facebook account permanently. If necessity arises to re-join Facebook, then you have to register freshly.