An easy-to-follow procedure to rip DVDs, using third party software programs that can convert DVD content into iTunes-compatible format, is discussed here.
How to Import a DVD to iTunes
Importing a DVD to iTunes can be a pricey affair, but only for the first time. Once you get the necessary tools to carry out the process, you could start enjoying your favorite movies or games on whichever device you want.
Dragging along your DVDs every time you’re out on a trip can be inconvenient. Even painful can be to see your precious DVDs getting scratched, and later on, damaged. So, you think of importing your DVDs to iTunes to be on the safer side, but to your dismay, iTunes can’t play it. Because, it uses MPEG4 format for its videos and for this reason, playing DVDs on iTunes is problematic. Either you have an MPEG version of files, or you download videos directly from iTunes.
But then, how about getting a DVD ripper by paying nothing, and importing any and every disk, as many times as you want? This program will allow you to import an iTunes compatible copy of the disk, straightaway onto iTunes. It makes an MPEG4 copy of the DVD you want to rip to load into iTunes and hence, makes it compatible for import.
Import Using iSkySoft
Here it is assumed that you have a Mac operating system (Mac OS X Snow Leopard or higher version) in your device and so, it is to be noted that the following steps are in accordance with the configuration of your OS. To start with, you can fetch the iSkysoft software from the Internet, and install it on your system. After you’re done with installation, follow the steps given below:
- Put the DVD into your disk drive and wait for a few moments, so that the system can read it.
- Open the contents, and select the file you want to import. Click on Import, and put the file into the ripper program- iSkysoft.
- Select the MP4 or MPEG4 file format to convert. If there is a format called iTunes or Apple TV, select it.
- After you’re done with importing, save the MPEG4 file on the desktop or in a drive with a lot of space in it. You could select OK or Convert to save the file.
- Launch iTunes, and select the converted file to Add to Library. You could do this by dragging it to the main list screen. Your file is successfully imported to iTunes.
Along with iSkysoft, there are many other programs that can help you undertake this task. They are as follows:
- Amiersoft DVD ripper
Many a time, you may come across DVDs that do not allow ripping, for they’re protected by copyrights. However, a legitimate ripper program will make this job extremely easy. Take time to understand the program, because ignorance may lead to data loss.