We assume that you wish to delete the pictures, because you have run out of space on the memory, or just wish to get rid of some badly taken shots, or because there are some rather inappropriate images that you need to remove immediately. The interface of iOS on the Apple iPhone is a very simple one to get around, and if you have used it for some time, it is not going to be very difficult to learn how to delete them.
There are tons of viral videos that do the rounds about how small kids are given the iPhone for the first time and they instantly figure out how to carry out various tasks. So, if you have tried your hand at it but are still unable to find your way around, this Techspirited article will tell you how to delete photos from iPhone.
The first method involves the use of Apple iTunes, which is the syncing software for each and every Apple device. You will need a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer (PC or Mac) and you will also need iTunes installed on the machine. Now, follow these steps.
- Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open Apple iTunes.
- Click on your iPhone under the Devices section on the left side.
- Click on the Photos tab.
- Uncheck the check-box in front of Sync Photos From.
- Now, click on Remove Photos.
- Now, select all the photos that you want to remove and then click on Apply.
- All the selected photos will be removed, and you can now eject your iPhone from iTunes and from the machine.
The second method that we will tell you is when you need to delete images from the iPhone itself. If you do not have quick access to your computer and iTunes, then this is the method that you will have to necessarily follow. Here are the steps.
- Go to the Photos icon on your iPhone.
- Now, click on Camera Roll to see all the pictures that you have taken with your iPhone.
- Tap on the image that you want to delete, and then tap on the trash bin icon that is present on the bottom right corner.
- Now, tap on Delete Photo and the image will be permanently deleted.
- Note that you cannot remove multiple images in this manner. You can only delete one image at a time.
You should also know that if you own a jailbroken iPhone, there are some Cydia applications that you can make use of, in order to delete multiple images from the iPhone. This is just one of the many benefits of jailbreaking an iPhone. Some Cydia apps will also give you the feature of deleting images remotely (or wirelessly) using an SSH client. If you are still wondering how to delete multiple photos, then go ahead and jailbreak it and use these methods.
I hope you have got a sufficiently easy way of accomplishing this task. If you have too many photos, you have to think of an alternative, as deleting them one by one will prove to be extremely time-consuming.