Are you interested in creating your own anime character(s) online? Then this Techspirited article will surely help. Read through the following sections for some tips to create your own character and understand how to explore your skills in animation.
Start off with creating anime characters online to get a feel of how to go about the process.
Have you noticed that you cannot switch on a single animation channel in existence without catching a snippet of at least one anime cartoon series? That is how popular this form of animation is. Interestingly, this style of animation (that we are so familiar with today) was developed only about forty years ago. However, the earliest anime clip in existence can, in fact, be traced back to the year 1917, when a two-minute clip was created in Japan―the birthplace of anime.
While for the longest span of time the use of anime was limited to animating cartoons, today, the use is widespread in mediums such as video games and movies. No longer is anime considered a simple form of animation. It is now well worthy of being titled an art form with styles varying according to the preference of the animator or the artist. In today’s times, it is very easy to learn to draw anime characters, more so because it is simple to create one’s own anime character online with the help of the numerous dedicated websites. While there are limitations to these websites because of the fixed number of modifications that you can make to the anime character, the fact remains that these websites can be the perfect start to fuel your new found interest in anime art.
In the following sections of this Techspirited article, we will provide you with a few details of what it takes to create your own anime character, as well as a list of dedicated websites that help you with this task.
Tips for Character Creation
Before learning how to draw your own anime character, there are some very important things that every aspiring anime artist should keep in mind, especially if one is insistent about creating the anime character from scratch.
- Always remember that the proportions of an anime character are generally exaggerated, with most of them having a huge head.
- The head of any given character is generally the basis of proportion for most anime characters. While the rest of the body of an anime character may seem in proportion, the head will be larger than life.
- Another differentiating character of anime characters is that they have large eyes. This characteristic feature was inspired by American animation features like Bambi; this particular feature enables them to depict emotions more clearly.
- Before you actually start off on and create your anime character, it is important that you decide on some of the key personality traits of the character that you are designing. Most tips for creating anime will emphasize on this factor because this will help one decide better how the character should look.
- Details like their hair, the accessories they wear, the character history, and other similar factors play a defining role in the look of the character.
Creating Characters Online
While it is possible to first draw a rough sketch of the anime character you want to create, most tutorials that give you instructions for making anime characters will tell you how it is much easier to do so online. There are several dedicated websites that provide varied types of templates that can give someone new to anime art an insight into what the look of a character should be like. Also, it allows you the opportunity to share your creation with many other enthusiasts who can critique your work for you and help you improve upon your creation.
It will help immensely to use these websites to practice creating your own anime character online for free. After creating the character, and once you have perfected your basics of anime art, you can move on to creating your characters from scratch with the help of different graphic design software. You could also create your own website to display the different anime characters that you have designed.
There are several website hosting services that allow you to create websites that host computer animations. If you get a positive feedback, you could also offer to give out drawing lessons and tips on making anime characters. Other ways to share your creations is to put up your work on websites like Facebook or MySpace. While you can always create these characters for your own enjoyment, you can get more feedback by joining anime groups, uploading your drawings, and sharing them with others.
Now that you know the basics of creating your own anime character online, you can use these tips and tricks to create a whole anime series. You never know when your idea may work and how popular your art may become.