Thinking of starting a YouTube channel, but drawing a blank about the kind of name to give it? Read the following Techspirited article for some great username ideas for varied categories, as well as tips on how to go about the naming process.
Coming up with a username for your YouTube channel might seem like the easiest thing to do … until you actually sit at the computer and go blank. It happens. Your mind is swirling with ideas for days, but then when the time comes, you’re all like “This is not me”, or “This just does not say what I wanted the channel to say” and the like. Yes, naming a channel can be challenging, but it’s not tough.
Lucky for you, this Techspirited article provides for a list of awesome and unique usernames for your channel, and these include a wide variety of subjects and groups. What’s more, we’re also giving you a few tricks on how you can come up with your own channel name to make it creative and interesting.
The following sections will focus on a list of some of the most unique and creative usernames that you can take on as they are or you can use them as inspiration and formulate some of your own.
- Use capital letters to separate the words.
- The names are not used with a hyphen between them; they have been listed in this manner for the purpose of clarity in reading.
** A vlog is a video blog. The most ideal way to name this is to add your name in it (For e.g., Cindy-Vlogs) or relate it to a subject (Cindy’s-Beauty-Vlog). The above names are only an example of generic names that can be used.
It is important to make your username into a brand. For this, follow these steps:
- Keep the name short and catchy. A long name that has a lot of elements in it can be very confusing and, thus, easily forgotten.
- Don’t add random numbers or alphabets before or after the name. This makes the prospect of remembering the name difficult.
- The name has to be relevant to the subject that you’re dealing with. The audience has to know right away what the channel is about.
- Personalize the name as far as possible. For this, you can list out several words that describe the subject that you’re dealing with and then try to use these in combination with your name or surname or the initials of your name.
- Use alliteration or rhyming words for creating a catchy name.
With these comprehensive lists, you can now rest assured that you will find the perfect name for your YouTube channel. And if you’re looking for something other than these names, you can easily draw one on your own based on the tips provided. So then, have you thought of a name yet?