If there is one complaint that people can have against the Apple iPad it is about the quality of the loudspeaker on the device. The fact that the iPad can be used as an iPod is very impressive indeed, but one cannot help but feel a little let down by the quality and the volume of the audio output from this tablet. Fortunately, this problem can be solved with the help of a good set of speakers. There is a standard 3.5mm audio jack present on the iPad, and this can be used to connect them to it so that you can enjoy music, movies and videos even more.
The fact is that you can use many different kinds of speakers with your iPad. You can go for a standard set that will be connected to the iPad through the audio jack. Alternately, you can use a set of Bluetooth speakers that will sync and be compatible with the iPad. The advantage of Bluetooth-enabled models is that there will be no wired connection between the iPad and them, so you can place the iPad anywhere and listen to the enhanced audio. The third option is one of the most commonly seen is the iPad speaker dock. Such a dock is built specifically for the iPad, and once you place the iPad on the dock, it will enhance the audio and also charge the iPad at the same time.
Quality Speakers for iPad
Buying simple speakers will be the cheapest option, and it is also the easiest to connect. All you need to do is connect them into the audio jack of the iPad, and the sound will automatically be transmitted from the set. The kind of speakers you buy depend on your preferences and your budget, because there is a tremendously wide range available. Here are some of the most popular options.
- Altec Lansing FX3022: A very well-known brand that offers compatible and affordable speakers, with a great focus on audio quality.
- Audioengine 5: Simply the best ones for your iPad and they come with a multitude of connecting options, but the downside is that it can be a little pricey for some people.
- Harmon Kardon Soundsticks II: A uniquely designed speaker system that tackles sound output magnificently.
- Logitech Speaker System: A simple set that you can find in any price range. The features will depend on the model which you buy, but compatibility will never be an issue.
- M-Audio Studiophile AV 40: They do offer great sound quality, but is a bit bulky for most people's taste.
Bluetooth Speakers for iPad
As mentioned above, Bluetooth speakers drastically reduce the clutter of wires and connectors. This is a great advantage for many people. Moreover, the iPad does not need to be close to them, so the ease of use is magnificent. Again, there are so many different models available so making a choice is heavily dependent on your budget itself. They do tend to be costlier than equivalent regular ones, but this is understandable. Here are some of the best Bluetooth models that you can use with your Apple iPad.
- Creative D200 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker: An average version, that is good for someone looking for an affordable option with not too many advanced features.
- Logitech Wireless USB Speaker: Affordable and works well within a range of 50 feet. The battery life is an impressive 10 hours as well.
- Parrot Boombox: A high-end Bluetooth speaker that provides several other radio apps and web based apps like Pandora as well.
- Philips Fidelio DS8550 Speaker System: A high-end model that performs for around 5 hours. Uses the impressive PureDigital Sound technology.
- Sony SRS-BTM30: A compact set, that performs as well as any Sony product does. Works on Bluetooth 2.0 and is compatible for around 30 feet.
iPad Speaker Docks
These docks are designed to hold the iPad comfortably, and they charge the iPad at the same time as well. They are lightweight and easy to carry around, and just need to be connected to a power outlet to derive their power supply. Here are some of the best iPad docks around.
- Altec Lansing Octiv Stage MP450: A slightly expensive dock, which also lets you change the angle of the iPad so that you can enjoy watching movies while the iPad is docked on.
- iDesign Portable Speaker: A simple and portable dock that is designed by Apple themselves. Also runs on AA batteries.
- iHome IA Bluetooth iPad Dock: Along with being a speaker dock for the iPad, this device is also an alarm clock so its multifunctionality is a major advantage.
- iLuv iMM747 Audio Cube Hi-Fidelity Speaker Dock: Offers a wide range of audio options and is also compatible with other Apple devices. It is not easy to carry around though.
- Logic 3 iStation Podium: An adjustable dock that lets you change the iPad from portrait mode to landscape mode with ease.
You can pick the type that suits you the best, and then pick a brand and a model that fits your budget and your requirements. The benefits of such speakers are manifold, and they greatly enhance the functionality of the Apple iPad.