Looking for the latest and the greatest of DVD players to complete your media center or to take on the road? Your search has ended, check out our round-up of recent DVD players with their great features and surprisingly reasonable prices!
The broad spectrum of media usage that a DVD player provides, makes it a must-have among electronic devices. Think about it. All media data forms, video, images, and music come on DVD’s. So for any basic viewing at home, you need a DVD player. For a home theater system, you need the best in image and video quality, again found in data inscribed on DVD discs. So a DVD player is also an integral part of a home theater system. And for media usage on the go, instead of lugging around a laptop, you have portable DVD players, with small screens, light mass, and battery power.
The best DVD players are so much more than just players, they are actual media hubs. DVD players with USB ports allow for media file access on a pen drive, allowing 2 different devices to connect. And allowing image slide shows as well as MP3 and audio files format support are other perks. There’s no compromise on quality, with features like Progressive Scan and 1080p Upconversion, converting ordinary video into High Definition.
- Comes in a compact design, measuring 10.6 inches in length.
- HDMI port with 1080p upscaling factor.
- Supports slow as well as fast playback with sound.
- Supports the playback of CD-R/RW, DVD-RW/+R/+R DL, DVD-RW/-R/-R DL (including 3.15 in DVD), JPEG, MP3, WMA, AAC, and linear PCM playback.
- Superb sound quality with Dolby Digital codec support.
- Meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines.
- Price- Around USD 50.
Panasonic Progressive Scan S500
- Comes with a progressive scan factor.
- Good quality of audio with the help of Dolby Digital Decode.
- It has a standard USB2.0 slot.
- Supports DVD-Video, DVD-R*1, DVD-R, DL*1, DVD-RW*1, MP3, JPEG.
- Comes with a power resume feature to playback the video in case of power failure.
- It has photo slideshow viewer.
- Price- Around USD 40
- It is a Wi-Fi enabled disc player, and allows you to upscale the standard definition DVD’s to HD resolution.
- Also allows you to play Blu-ray discs.
- The screen mirroring feature allows you to view photos, videos and files stored on your smartphones, tablets, and other compatible devices.
- It offers premium quality surround sound.
- It comes with a child lock and parental control system.
- Price- Around USD 75
- It has a built in Wi-Fi , you can share and access the multimedia content from your devices.
- Ultimate digital sound quality with Dolby Digital Plus.
- Comes with a DVD video upscaling feature.
- It has bluetooth, HDMI, optical digital output connectivity.
- It is an ENERGY STAR Certified device.
- Price- Around USD 80
- This DVD player comes with a USB direct recording function that allows to transfer the audio track from the disc to the USB.
- It supports video formats like MPEG-1, MPEG2 PS/TS, MPEG4, DivX, VOB.
- Good loading time of less than 7 seconds.
- Video formats supported are MPEG-1,MPEG2 PS/TS, MPEG4, DivX, VOB.
- Comes with a Dolby Digital 2 ch Downmixed audio system.
- Price- Around USD 30
- It is a 2-channel DVD player with USB compatibility.
- Has a combined video and digital audio output, which provides multiple connection options for audio and video.
- It supports slow-motion as well as frame-by-frame video playback.
- Comes with an anti-shock protection and multi-angle viewing feature.
- Price- Around USD 40
- A portable DVD player that offers a 10 inch display.
- It supports DVD±R/RW, DVD, CD-R/RW, CD, and JPEG for flexible entertainment options.
- The swivel design helps to view the display from multiple angles.
- Once fully charged provides playback support of up to 5 hours.
- Price- Around USD 100
Note: All the prices and specifications are subject to change on the basis of location and offers.
Don’t be wooed by snazzy sales shenanigans and magic, do your research about the DVD player you are interested in and purchase accordingly.
Check for warranty, store policy regarding returns, and refunds and support for defects and technical issues. With a reasonably priced good DVD player, you can enjoy the best media experience within the comfort of your home. A man’s home is his castle, with a high definition DVD player, make your home a cinema!