An LCD projector is a must for every boardroom or conference room. In this article, we have presented the different accessories for this viewing device, and how they are used to enhance its performance.
In today’s modern world of high technology and global business, LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) projectors are used to project presentations to a number of people at the same time. They are usually connected to a computer, and they display the presentation on a wall mounted screen display.
There are different kinds of projectors available in the market. They are:
- Standard: These have one panel of glass which controls the three primary colors.
- Poly-silicon: These have 3 panels which control the colors that allow the projector to have a higher saturation of colors, as compared to a standard model.
- DLP: DLP (Digital Light Processing) projectors have a single chip with about 400,000 micro mirrors, which control and modulate the light from it’s lamp and project it to the lens. This is also known as the DMD (Digital Mirror Device) technology. These devices are commonly available in the market nowadays.
LCD projectors can also fall into 3 broad categories depending upon their size and weight. They are:
- Ultralight: They are lightweight and portable, and the best choice for those who travel and conduct presentations frequently.
- Conference Room: They are specifically made for conference or meeting rooms, and are comparatively heavier.
- Fixed Installation: These are the heaviest among all projectors. They are permanently installed in large auditoriums or public halls.
Now, let’s look at the variety of accessories available in the market to enhance your viewing experience. These are:
They are used to mount the unit in the conference room, where it can be fixed to the ceiling or to a wall. These mounts can often have different security features, which help to prevent theft.
These are the various connecting wires which help connect the device to the computers and video sources. They are available in a variety of sizes to suit the dimensions of the room.
These are remote control units which help adjust the various aspects of the projector such as selecting the video source, running the presentation, adjusting the display level, and so on.
These help increase the functionality in terms of better display of colors and pictures.
They are the source of light for the projection. However, they do have a life span and need replacing after a certain number of hours of usage.
This is where the display is actually seen. They come in a variety of sizes, surfaces, and mountings that cater to different requirements. The surfaces are made out of various fabrics which provide different results, with regard to the image projected on to it. The mountings are made for portable, manual, electric, or fixed frame screens.
These are used to store the complete unit and its accessories when not in use. There are cases which can also be used to ferry the projector along when one is traveling. They often come with wheels and handles for easy mobility.
Most dealers will offer to provide these accessories along with the device. Therefore, while one is deciding which projector to choose, it makes sense to consider the following:
- The end user: The experience of the person who will eventually be handling the device is important. So there is no point in buying a high-end gadget when one is not very conversant with the use of it.
- Brightness: This is explained while buying the device. The lighter the projector, the lower the brightness. With low brightness, it becomes essential to dim the lights in the room during the presentation.
- Quality of the image: This is self-explanatory. Different projectors have different image quality. One should make a choice based on one’s needs and suitability.
- Portability: This is an important factor to consider, especially for those who travel constantly and give presentations on the go.
- After sales service: Check for the network of service centers and promptness of service. You should be able to get repairs and replacements wherever you are.
- Comparison: Comparing one model with another always helps one to decide, especially when you are looking for certain features.
If you keep the above factors in mind, you should be able to get yourself the best projector accessories in the market.