Troubled by the bubbles trapped under your phone’s screen guard. No worries, we have easy solutions on how to remove air bubbles from a screen protector. Read on for some help…
You waited long enough to get a smart phone and sure you want to do everything possible to protect every sharp glaze on that apple of your eye. The first thing we load our phones with is a screen protector or scratch guard. And we have every reason to do so right? With so many hands handling it and dust and dirt affecting the silky touch of the glass screen, it is always better to keep the screen protected.
The guard is a thin film that is fixed on a glass screen of the device or phone, to protect it from any physical damage. It sure is an important part of cell phone protection, as looks matter! No matter how long, we want the phone to look smart every time we flash it.
Most of these protectors may not be the right kinds or may not fix on the screen well. They may not be firmly placed on the screen. And as a result, there would be tiny air bubbles, trapped on your favorite phone. Getting rid of bubbles is important as the screen protector may slowly begin to peel off. It may trap more bubbles and dust inside.
The screen may get scratches due to the dust or dirt trapped. The best option is to remove the old one and fix a new screen protector again. But it is not possible to get a new protector always and why spend when you can simply solve the problem at home all by yourself?
Removing Air Bubbles from the Screen Protector
This is a task that requires you to be patient and follow the steps well. And you will have a no bubble protector on your phone for a long time.
- First of all, if you do not want to remove the sticker and fix it back again, you can simply take a piece of cardboard or for that sake a card like a credit card, something that has sharp edges and simply swipe the card across the surface of the screen protector. Firmly drag out any air traps or bubbles that are visible and smoothen out the surface. You can also heat the sticker with a dryer, only slightly, so as to soften the protector. There you go, a bubble-free screen protector!
- For some this solution will not help, if dust is already trapped in the screen, you will have to clean the screen first and then fix the screen protector.
- Make sure you wash your hands of any dirt or grease. Next peel and remove the protector from the screen. Clean the screen with rubbing alcohol mixed with soap and water or a slightly damp and clean cloth. For a more squeaky clean and mirror finish, try to execute this in a damp place. Like in a bathroom, where the air is more humid after a hot water shower.
- You can also use some tape to get rid of the dust. Use scotch tape and place it across the screen, use many stripes, to cover the complete screen area. Leave a margin outside the screen edge to pull the strip. Now pull each strip carefully. This will give you a clean and dust free screen.
- Now fix the protector back on the screen, first fix the top edge of the protector, so as to align the sticker well.
- Make sure when handling the sticker always hold it on the edges to avoid any fingerprints on the screen. Now slowly and firmly roll the film out on the screen. Use the cardboard or any credit card to even out the film and get rid of the bubbles.
You can let the screen dry for a few hours and continue to even out the film and remove any bubbles in the process. These were some simple tips and I am sure you will not have to run for outside help, anytime the phone screen is troubled with bubbles!