Are you on the lookout to find an easy way to print from your iPad? Then, this is the right page that will answer your query. This task can be completed in a few minutes. Let’s see how…
AirPrint is a wireless printing technology and it is a component of Apple iOS, which is used for printing via Wi-Fi. It does not require printer-specific drivers to print, and it can be used with compatible printers and non-compatible printers as well. AirPrint, was developed by Apple Inc., and HP, and it was released on November 22, 2010. The iPads are enabled with AirPrint, and this makes it simple to print from it.
You don’t need to download any software or install any drivers or connect any cables. A few taps on your iPad will help you to get your printout. Also, you don’t have to wait until the printing process gets over. The printing will take place in the background, while you can flick photos, videos, play games, surf on web, etc. Printing from your iPad is really easy because, it is absolutely wireless. AirPrint detects the printers nearby using Wi-Fi, and connects to it. You can print emails, photos, word documents, presentations, movie tickets, travel tickets, etc. Photos can be printed, if you have a printer with photo paper tray and this will be automatically selected by AirPrint.
Printing from an iPad
There are two ways of doing this. One is by using applications like iWork, note organizing Evernote, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint or the HP iPrint Photo 3.0., etc., that are available in the Apple store, and the other way is by using AirPrint technology. To print using the latter method, you need to buy the applications and install it on your iPad, and follow the directions given in the manual of the product. AirPrint method can be expensive but it requires no third-party application’s help. Most of the printers that are compatible with AirPrint are made by HP company. One more way which does not involve using any application, is by transferring the file to your computer using iTunes.
Third Party Applications
- PrintCentral, EuroSmartz
- Print n Share, EuroSmartz
- Print Magic, Wellala, Inc
- ePrint, Microtech Corp
- iPrint, Epson
- ACTPrinter, Houdah
- Buy an AirPrint compatible printer and read the manual and understand the instructions given in it. Sometimes you may have to upgrade some firmwares, depending on the model of your printer.
- Tap on the action button on the home page window of your iPad and then tap on print button from the drop down menu. The symbol of the action button may vary depending on the application you are using.
- In the Printer Options popover, tap on the Printer button and select the printer which you are using. In the Printer Options button, there can also be other options such as number of copies to print, double-sided printing etc., which all depends on the device you are using to print.
- You can use the + or – buttons to increase or decrease the number of copies you want to print.
- If you want to make some changes while the printing takes place, then go to the homepage and search for the Print Center tab, and the print summary will be displayed, where you can make the required changes.
AirPrint Enabled Printers
- HP Photosmart Plus e-AiO (B210a)
- HP LaserJet P1102w Printer
- HP Photosmart e-AiO (D110)
- HP LaserJet Pro M1214nfh MFP
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Color Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer
- HP Envy e-All-in-One series (D410a)
- HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-AiO (C410a)
- HP Photosmart Premium e-AiO (C310a)
- HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP
- HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP
- HP Photosmart eStation (C510)
- HP LaserJet Pro M1216nfh MFP
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer
- HP LaserJet P1606dn Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro M1213nf MFP
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1525n Color Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-AiO
- HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-AiO
- HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-AiO
- HP Officejet 6500A e-AiO
- HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-AiO
- HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-AiO
Before buying a wireless printer to connect with your iPad, it is necessary to know about its features, cost, etc. Don’t give up if you are not able to print using any of the methods I have mentioned above. There is a software called Printopia, which you can download from Mac. This will enable AirPrint to connect to printers which your computer can access. If you are using windows OS, then download AirPrint Activator, to print from your iPad.