If you are looking for basic features in a notebook computer, which allow you to perform basic tasks like typing out documents, listening to music, watching movies and, surfing the Internet, then you can consider buying one from the range of inexpensive notebook laptops in the market today.
You can find these laptops for as less as 250 dollars. If you are thinking of buying new laptops and have a budget around 300 dollars, then refer to the second section of the article, to find out which are some of the good laptops
However, if you have a very low-budget or want to buy a notebook computer having good features, then buying affordable notebook computers which are available at second-hand prices is a viable option.
There are many ways to find some good refurbished laptop computers. Make sure you don't hurry while buying a refurbished notebook computer, and take your time to compare different refurbished models of notebook before deciding on one.
How to Find Affordable Notebook Deals
- Finding refurbished laptop computer is not difficult, and should be able to find a decent laptop computer under $200. You can check out different shopping sites like amazon or ebay, where people have put their notebook computers for sale at a relatively low price.
- You can also find some second-hand affordable notebook computers in refurbished laptop stores. Check out online for the various electronic stores which sell cheap refurbished laptops.
- Another way to find a good deal is to visit a flea market or backyard sale. Sometimes, you might find some really good stuff there. If you are buying a notebook from these places, then check it properly and ensure that it is operational, before buying it. These computers typically do not have any warranty hence it is best to check them beforehand.
- If you can wait a bit to buy the notebook computer, then wait till the holiday season for example Christmas. During such festive seasons, there are many offers going on, and you might find decent inexpensively priced laptop computers at very low prices.
- You can also post on gaming sites, if any one of the users is interested in selling off his/her computer. You might get lucky, as many gamers keep buying newer and better laptops and usually tend to get rid of their older ones.
Best Cheap Notebook Computer Models
Gateway LT2023u: This model comes for only $240, and has some really good features. It has a 10.1 inch screen and 1.6 GHz Intel N270 Atom processor, 1 GB DDR2 RAM, and a hard drive with a capacity of 160 GB.
Asus Eee PC 1005HAB Netbook: This is one of the best mini notebooks available for a price under $300. It has a 10.1 inch display screen, which has a camera embedded in it. Also the netbook comes with decent features like a Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM and hard disk of 160 GB capacity.
Toshiba Mini NB255-N245: This is one of the affordable laptop computers, which comes for around $300. It has basic features like Intel Atom N455 / 1.66 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM and 160 GB hard disk, and has a 10.1 TFT display. Also, this model comes with Windows 7.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 0647-2AU: Lenovo is a very reliable brand, when it comes to inexpensive laptop computers. This model by Lenovo is a basic notebook computer under $300. It has features like Intel Atom N455 1.66 GHz processor, 1GB RAM and 160 GB hard disk. And it comes with Windows XP and a display of 10.1 inches.
Whether you are buying a new or refurbished inexpensive notebook, it is important to see that the notebook is manufactured by a good brand, and has features which meet your needs.