Many think that any large white object will do for a projector screen. But, they are wrong. These screens are specially made, and to get the true experience of projected movies, you should buy a screen. Here are some tips to choose the right one.
The contemporary technology is a lot different than that of those days. Earlier we watched ‘Tom and Jerry’ and ‘Charlie Chaplin’ on a projector the memory of which is still fresh in our minds! Now-a-days there are other kinds of projectors that have come into the market which shows a great leap of changes in technology.
Types of Transparency Projectors
Magic Lantern is also a type of Transparency Projector.
Types of Video Projectors
- CRT Projector
- DLP Projector
- LCOS Projector
- Handheld Projector
- Opaque Projector
Projectors screens are usually uniformly white or gray. Depending on the optics used to project the image, and the desired geometrical accuracy of the image production, flat or curved screens may be used. There are screens that can be designed for front or back projection also.
- When you decide to buy a projector screen, you should know the different types that are available. The most common ones are the collapsible, the tripod, and the fast folding. If you would like one that is durable and portable, you can opt for the tripod. Fast folding screens are portable too, but the only thing is that they require a lot of time to set up.
- Once you have decided on the type, you need to consider the mount. Here you can select screens that are permanently mounted in a certain spot, or the ones that are painted onto a wall.
- It is important to know about the surface of the screen too. Basically, matte gray and white are the two most common types of screens. The matte gray surface reflects more light and has a wide viewing angle. It also offers better contrast, which is very useful when used with a projector that produces a lot of brightness.
- When selecting a screen, remember to check out the sizes available. There are some designs that only measure 40 inches diagonally from one corner to another, and there are screens that measure up to 15 feet.
You can determine the size after taking into consideration the seating arrangements of the room, and the distance the projector needs to be from the screen. This needs to be done because the projector will require enough brightness to generate a quality image on the screen.
- You will also be required to know the aspect ratio. The choice of aspect ratio is either 4:3 or 16:9. The most popular is a screen with the aspect ratio of 16:9; however, standard aspect ratio used by TV and video is 4.3.
This was some information on buying a projector screen. These are used in offices, parties, and social gatherings. So, if you are planning to buy one, rest assured that you are making a smart investment.