It is just so convenient to switch on your laptop or computer, browse through a couple of online shopping websites and place your order. M-Commerce has become so popular that you can now even make a purchase on your cell phones. You can shop while on the go. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes and you do not even have to step out of the door. Plus, you save on fuel expenses for a trip to the mall! Hurray! But, wait.
Was shopping virtually or online really cheaper than going to the mall? You did save a great deal on the discounts, and the shipping charges are only nominal. And, eBay has made online shopping so smooth and easy. Even kids sell their stuff on eBay to make a quick buck. But, is online shopping good or bad? Let's delve deeper into this subject and find out.
Online Shopping: Saving the Bucks
During the holiday season, the world of Internet is like a paradise for shoppers. There are great deals not just in stores, but even on online shopping websites. Some websites charge you only once for the shipment of all your products bought. What an amazing way to save money. In fact, they may even charge you a fixed amount for it, irrespective of your bill value, or nothing at all! Isn't that just so amazing? Ask a girl. Let me correct that. Ask a shopaholic girl and she will tell you all the websites you can save money by shopping online. It's true.
Everyday after work, I check all my favorite online shopping websites as a hobby and entertainment. By the way, it really helps educate you about what are the best deals to grab online. So, let me tell you how to make online shopping cheaper on your next spree. It's all in the game, baby. If you know where to look for and what to buy, you will really save up on a lot of cash. May be you can even pick up the tab on drinks on a night out with friends. Yes, that much cash.
Like for perfumes, they are sold on market retail price at all stores unless you know those that sell you for half the prices. I don't. So, you can buy your perfumes online when they give heavy discounts on occasions such as the 4th of July, Christmas, Mardi Gras and Thanksgiving! You won't get that kind of discount online otherwise. Shoes, I have discovered, can be shopped for really cheap online. You only need a little bit of research and voila! You have the perfect shoe at the perfect price. Don't you pay attention to all those ad banners on Facebook? They are filled with great websites that you can trust to spend your buck.
You can also totally compare prices of the same or similar products online and choose your best option before you make that purchase. There are so many money-saver coupons that online shopping websites offer to their members. Make use of them when you need to make a purchase. In fact, I would suggest that you hold back your urge to shop unless you really need to buy something. For clothes, online shopping is the word. If you want to have bargains like those available at thrift stores, just keep searching online. There are so many designer brands that are new or may be used and are being sold at absolutely unbelievable prices.
Tips to Safeguard Against Online Shopping Disasters
- Beware of restocking fees. It is mentioned in the terms and conditions, which you often don't bother reading before you hit 'I agree'. Even if the site promises full money back guarantee on return or change in the size on request, they may still charge you a restocking fee as per the contract.
- Always print screen and save the copy of your final bill before you close the window. Also, print the receipt.
- Don't be lured by the discounts if you don't need to make a purchase. This rule applies even to shopping in a mall. If you give in to your temptations, they exploit your credit card. It can lead to unforeseen expenses that may be difficult to pay later.
- Don't make any big purchases online, like buying furniture, expensive electronics, art pieces, gym equipment and others. There can be heavy import duties involved with buying expensive items from overseas. Be absolutely certain about these before you make a purchase.
- Pay attention to the amount of shipping charges before you decide to punch in your credit card number. A cheap deal can come with high shipping costs and bluff you. Be absolutely sure about the sizes that you order.
These are some safe online shopping tips to help you prevent the risk of an online shopping fraud. Most of these online shopping websites are actually reputable and don't mind giving you those huge discounts. This is because since all transactions occur online, the retailer also saves up a good sum on overheads. You must know which sites are offering the best deals because most of them can end up charging you a bomb on your credit card. It is also advisable that you choose the cash on delivery (COD) option wherever available. You can protect yourself from any chances of online fraud with your credit card.
Trust only respectable sites to buy online. A great way to save up on online shopping is by purchasing only from websites that have head offices located in your country so you are charged locally on shipping charges, which will be nominal. You can absolutely make online shopping cheaper than shopping in a mall for yourself only if you act like a smart shopper. I know a lot of people who wait before they buy something from a store just to check its prices online. Now, that is one smart shopper.