Importance of Using Computers
The use of computers today is synonymous with access to the Internet. It has given birth to the field of information technology, which has in-turn revolutionized modern society.
Role of Computers in Education
Right from elementary schools to large universities, every educational system has been influenced by computers. Some of the uses of computers in the field of education are as follows:
- Using computer imagery and supporting audio, it becomes easier to explain several difficult concepts to the students. For example, computer animations and graphics can be used to easily understand the phenomenon of solar or lunar eclipses.
- With Internet allowing people to connect across the globe, implementing the scheme of distant learning via on-line education has become possible. This allows many to avail the best education from around the world, which would otherwise have been very difficult or even impossible.
- Students conversant with the use of computers have better chances of landing good jobs as computers literacy is the need of present times.
- Computers are used in medical facilities for maintaining staff attendance records, medical records, recording incoming and outgoing timings of staff, computerized accounting and managing records of patient and associated doctors.
- Medical imaging has grown to become an extremely important aspect of medical diagnosis. By using techniques for capturing images of even the most complex structures in the body, it has become easier to treat many different forms of ailments.
- All surgical procedures are recorded in small cameras (some even installed in the medical equipment) so that the process of surgery can be reviewed and improved.
- Internet technology has made it easier to exchange information, news and reports about latest medical development all across the globe.
- Nowadays, on-line counseling has become possible owing to extensive use of computers. This allows patients to doctors who may be on the other side of the world for the sake of advise, over the Internet.
- Internet has improved the communication among partners, suppliers, consumers etc, who all are now able to keep a track on each other and also provide instant feedback, that facilitates the business process.
- Development of software like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solutions, and Management Information Systems (MIS) have made it possible to centralize the administrative features of a firm.
- Project management and other planning activities are easily designed by integrating latest software into the computers. This decreases the time needed for planning and helps in resolving certain complex managerial issues.