Over the years, televisions have undergone a significant change with respect to technology, design and even cost. Cathode ray televisions have now given way to new age Plasma and LCD TVs. These flat screen TVs are growing in popularity thanks to their sleek look, sharp picture quality, and affordable prices.
However, installing it is quite a meticulous process which needs to be done with utmost care. Read ahead to know about how the correct method for flat screen TV installation in the shortest amount of time.
- Make sure that you do NOT lift the flat screen TV by yourself. One in four buyers of flat screen TV's end up dropping them during installation, and the damage incurred then, is NOT covered under the warranty terms and conditions. So make sure that there are at least two people to help when lifting the TV.
Installation on a Table
1. Mounting your flat screen on a table is comparatively easier than mounting it on a wall. For this purpose, you will need to purchase a broad and sturdy TV tabletop stand, which is readily available at any electronics store.
2. Position it on your table or in your entertainment unit, and adjust its height in such a way that the TV will eventually be at eye level. Make sure that it is screwed in tight, or else the TV might tilt and may eventually fall off.
4. For good measure, it is always better to adopt a color-coding system in the cabling process, which makes it easier to identify individual cables.
Installation on a Wall
1. If you wish to mount your flat screen on a wall or above your fireplace, here's how to go about it. First and foremost, you need to get hold of a few strong wall-mounting brackets, which you can buy from your local hardware store.
4. Now comes the cabling part. You can either keep the cables exposed or you can conceal them inside the wall. In case you wish to keep them exposed, bunch them together neatly to avoid clutter and prevent people from tripping over them.
5. If you wish to go for concealed cabling, it is recommended that you seek professional help as it will save you valuable time. Also, a professional job will result in a much neater and cleaner look, as opposed to you experimenting with concealed wiring activities.
You can use these mentioned steps to install your new flat screen TV in just about any place - your living room, bedroom, above your fireplace, and even in your bathroom if you wish to. Although, be careful about installing a TV above a gas fireplace, as if it is too close, the heat emitted may affect the electronics in the unit.