Try it; it might work
Press down Shift and Ins simultaneously; it will give you the heart symbol.
You must have seen the small black- or pink-colored hearts that your friends add to their Facebook status and profiles every now and then. Some even add these to their wall posts. If you are also wondering how to make hearts on your Facebook wall or in a chat window, then follow the instructions given in the paragraphs below.
Emoji means emoticon in Japanese. There are many emoji symbols present on Facebook. To get access to these symbols and use them on your wall, you need to activate the emoji status app on your profile.
- When you log into your profile, type 'emoji status' in the search box at the top of the page.
- When you are redirected to the page, you will see a link that says 'Apps' in the left-hand-side column. Click on that.
- Then click on the link that says 'Emoji Status' at the top of the search results. Select the option 'Go to App.'
- The app will ask permission to use your Facebook information. If you do not mind the app pulling your personal details from your profile, then click on 'Allow'. This will give the app permission to access your profile.
- Once you have selected 'Allow', you can begin using the app. Click on the tab of the emoji you want to add and then click on any symbol.
- When you click on 'Share', the emoji will be posted on your profile.
- You can download the app 'Status Symbol' on your profile as well. It will give you access to a variety of different symbols and emoticons.
- Type in the name of the app in the search box at the top of the page. Download it using the same method as the emoji app.
- Grant it permission to access your profile information by clicking on 'Allow' and then use the emoticons and symbols provided there.
All these apps have a wide variety of heart symbols available, like hearts of different shapes, forms, sizes, like a broken heart, sparkly heart, beating heart, black heart, pink heart, purple, or multicolored hearts, etc.
The character map is available on your PC. It works on systems like Windows XP and Windows 7 and 8. It contains a large variety of icons like arrow signs, heart, smileys, skulls, etc. To access the character map, follow these steps.
- Click on the 'Start' button. Select 'All Programs'.
- Go to 'Accessories' → 'System Tools' → 'Character Map'.
- Select the heart emoticon that you want to copy to your profile. Then click on the 'Select' button and the 'Copy' button.
- You can type a black-colored heart on your Facebook wall using this program.
You are happily chatting with friends on Facebook when one of them suddenly sends you a pink heart in your chat window. If you want to know how to make a pink heart in the chat window, then there are two ways. Either go to your status box or to the profile of the person on whose wall you want to make the heart. There are two codes that you can use.
This method will help you type a heart onto the wall. First type the icon < and then, without giving any space, type in the number 3. It should look like this <3. When you click on the post button, the result will show you a pink heart (♥) on the wall.
The second is a shortcut. All you need to do is press 'Alt' and '3' at the same time, while keeping the cursor in the status window. The resultant emoticon will be a little black heart symbol in your status window.
- Then click on the 'Post' button and the heart will appear as the status.
If you want to add a little creativity to your status, then you can do so by using an HTML code to add the heart symbol in your status message. Just type in the corresponding heart HTML code―♥ or <3
Note: You need to remember that there is no space between the characters of an HTML code. You need to write all the characters together.
These are some simple ways to make a heart symbol on Facebook. Just remember these cool tricks, and you will be able to add cute hearts on your profile, status, and chat.