Various types of printers are a regular feature of many offices and home working environment. Since there are various types of printers, they vary in their key functions, efficiency level, features, brands, size, and most importantly, their costs. Hence, choosing the best printers for office and home usage are two totally different things. When it comes to choosing the best printers for home use, one should understand and rethink the fact regarding its actual usage. If you have a home office then you may need a different kind of printer, but if you want a printer to print a few documents once in a while, then you may like to stop and think about the cost that you are paying for the quality of printer that you are purchasing. This and many such other things are explained in the following section of the article about the best printers. So, keep reading.
There are a few questions related to buying a printer for home use. You need to find satisfying answer to these questions and then only determine the kind of printer that you will buy. These questions are, what kind of printer do you need, an all-in-one device or regular? What speed and other functional specifications are you looking at? Remember that if you are using it for a home office, then you may want low cost per page and fast printing speed as well. Then you need to determine your exact budget and the money that you can spend on a printer. You need to be ready to up your budget a little if you really need a good quality printer with all the prominent features. There are a few tricks (as we can put them), that you need to understand.
Many times, it is advised that you should buy the best laser printer since they are efficient and cost-effective as far as cost per page is concerned. When it comes to buying the best printers for home use, it gets even more important that you go through all the manufacturer's as well as consumer's reviews about the printer model that you want to purchase. Decide whether you want a particular brand or you are open to try some offbeat or non-traditional brands? Check whether your friends have some good quality home printers and see if you can also purchase the same model. Last and most importantly, consider the place from where you are going to buy it, an online discount store, a dealer, or directly from the manufacturer. This last point determines the cost as well as the quality of the printer.
Here are some great wireless printers, that consistently get good reviews:
- Epson WorkForce 600 Wireless (USD 200)
- HP Officejet 4500 Wireless - G510n (CN547A) (USD 130)
- Brother MFC-7840W (USD 300)
- Samsung ML1630W (USD 200)
- Canon PIXMA MP490 (USD 100)
All in One
If you want to buy the best all in one printer, then first of all, you need to go through some good online reviews.
- Brother MFC-8480DN (USD 240)
- Dell Multifunction Color Laser Printer 3115cn (USD 740)
- HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi (USD 1200)
- Epson WorkForce 635 All-in-One Printer (USD 250)
- Brother HL-4040CN MFC-9440CN Drum Unit Color (USD 150)
- Canon ICMF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer (USD 250)
As I said earlier, if you are looking for something cost-effective and efficient, then you should opt for a cheap color laser printer for home use. Just go through online reviews and pick one model that fits all your requirements, including cost!
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4025dn Printer (USD 1200)
- Dell 5130cdn Color Laser Printer (USD 200)
- Brother MFC 7440N 3-in-1 Copier/Printer/Scanner (USD 250)
- Lexmark C734dn Color Laser Printer (USD 250)
- Samsung CLP-315W (USD 500)
- Xerox Phaser 6280N (USD 500)
You need to compare between laser and inkjet printers, and then make your choice. Like I mentioned above, the best way to do that is to check online reviews. According to the same online resources, here are some models that are rated as the best.
- Canon Pixma MP830 Inkjet Printer (USD 235)
- HP Deskjet D5560 - Wireless Inkjet Printer (USD 80)
- Epson Stylus CX7000F All-in-One Inkjet Printer (USD 100)
- Brother MFC-440CN Inkjet All-in-One Printer (USD 150)