Surround sound, terrific controls, and reasonable price… which is the best gaming headset for PS3 that has it all? The following review will help you out!
So, what lures you into buying a good headset for your precious gadget? It is essential to be in possession of a headset that enriches your gaming experience by providing amazing voice chat while playing, a sound system that does not hinder the performance of the players, and most importantly, lucid audio abilities. Think of it, wouldn’t effective communication between team players all throughout a game, and devising new strategies every time, be a great thing while you’re playing? Indeed, it will be. However, the conventional user has gotten all the more perplexed with countless brands offering their range of gaming headsets, thereby, making it hard for the gamer to settle on one. So, if you’re hunting all over hell for a fantastic gaming headset for your Sony PlayStation 3, wander no more, as the following information on headsets for PS3 that give ordinary earpieces a run for their money is enough to surfeit your gaming appetite. These headset options come with extremely handy features, and awesome control over the sound activities of your PS3. They’re so superbly designed that you’d just wish you had more than two ears!
Best Gaming Headsets for Sony PS3
Before shelling out dollars from your wallet, you should know the basics of buying a gaming headset. Firstly, gaming involves hours and hours of entertainment. So, your primary concern while buying a gaming headset for your PlayStation should be comfort. Secondly, what’s a headset without an impeccable sound quality? For experiencing supernal gaming, noise-cancellation, surround sound, and multi-system support should be of the utmost priority. That is to say, a great-quality gaming headset will let you experience your game in a way no other headset can. What follows below is a comprehensive review of five top-of-the-line headsets best suited for your prized possession – Sony PlayStation 3.
Turtle Beach Ear Force PX21
- Rotating ear-cups
- Compatible with PS3, Xbox, and other PC Games
- Automatic volume increase
- In-line amplifier
- 40-mm stereo speakers
- Adjustable microphone
- Fabric mesh ear-cushions
- Separate volume controls for gaming and incoming chat
- (MRP: $79.99)
It’s the most sought after piece in the tech-market due to its stereo USB headset feature for the purpose of chats, and amplified stereo headset feature for gaming.
- Wireless with 2.4 GHz radio frequency
- Adjustable boom mic with LED
- Compatible with PS3 and most bluetooth-enabled devices
- RCA and headphone jack interfaces supported
- Runtime up to 10 hours, and standby up to 300 hours
- Plug-n-play wireless base station with PS3
- 40 mm laser-tuned drivers
- MRP: $149.99
For great sound quality, this product is the best pick in the PS3 headset market, thanks to its impressive multi-system support.
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset
- 7.1 digital surround sound
- Extremely comfy ear pads
- Comes with a retractable microphone
- Up to 7 hours of runtime
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Extremely lightweight despite the heavy looks
- Exclusive on-screen headset updates available
- Totally complements the looks of PS3
- MRP: $99.99
Official is always the coolest. This PS3 headset boasts upon its ability to work at its finest during the crucial moments of gaming. Don’t miss the minutest of sounds with this headset on.
Tritton AX Pro Dolby Digital Precision
- Compatible with PS3, Xbox 360, PC/Mac
- Most versatile headset
- In-line audio controller
- Detachable microphone
- Dolby Digital certified
- 8 speakers (4 for each cup)
- Comes with external 5.1 audio controller with analog 3.5mm 5.1 output
- MRP: $169.99
Thanks to its phenomenal 8 precision speakers (4 in each ear cup), this piece literally makes you forget the world with its heart-thumping bass.
- Comes with audiophile-grade sound and voice communication
- Most user-friendly headset
- 5.1 to 7.1 surround sound simulation
- Up to 8 hours of talktime and 160 hours of standby
- Comes with quick disconnect cable and multiple ends
- Has a standard dual-jack PC connector
- Works well with A40 MixAmp
- MRP: $199.99
Despite being a bit towards the high-end, this headset delivers the best noise-canceling, and definitely scores high in comfort and surround sound.
Some more to play through:
- Sharkoon X-Tatic True 5.1 Headset ($159.99)
- Sennheiser PC 360 ($199.99)
- PDP Metal Gear Solid 4 Bluetooth Headset ($599.99)
- Skull Candy GI Gaming Headphone ($59.99)
- Creative Labs HS-980 Fatal1ty Professional Series ($64.99)
Note: All the above mentioned prices may be subject to change.
The best choices for money, and undoubtedly, supreme performers in the field of gaming headsets… these devices are capable of enriching your gaming experience with their superb features and sound attributes. So, have a go at each, and settle on the best gaming headset for PS3 that pushes your PlayStation 3 gaming to an all new level. The biggest challenge is not shelling dollars out of your wallet – it’s putting your PS3 down once you’ve begun playing.